Mississippi to Lift Mask Mandates and COVID-19 Restrictions
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The governors of Texas and Mississippi announced Tuesday that they would lift their states' mask mandates and other COVID-19 restrictions
- The announcement comes a day after the CDC warns of a potential fourth wave of the infection if people throw caution to the wind
- Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves announced that he would end Mississippi's statewide mask mandate effective Wednesday this week
- Reeves noted that hospitalizations and case numbers in the state have plummeted and vaccines were being distributed, necessitating a roll back of COVID-19 restrictions
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbot said the new executive order would annul previous COVID-19 orders, and that all businesses would be allowed to reopen fully