COVID-19: LA County Now Has Fewer than 100 ICU Beds
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Los Angeles County has fewer than 100 ICU beds as COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths continue to surge
- The county reported 86 new coronavirus deaths, the highest total since the spike in the summer. The new fatalities raised the county's death toll to 8,438
- Officials at the county also recorded 11,194 new coronavirus cases Tuesday, pushing the countywide total to 544,780
- The county also reported 200 new hospitalizations, pushing the total of COVID-19 patients in the ICU up to 4,403
- According to the county Department of Public Health, about 21 percent of those patients were in ICU beds