Israel Suspends Plan to Vaccinate Allies Abroad Before Palestinians
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Israel has suspended a controversial plan to provide coronavirus vaccines to win allies abroad before giving them to most Palestinians
- Israeli authorities called off the plan after it was hit by legal challenges and widespread condemnation
- Half of Israeli citizens have now received at least one coronavirus vaccine dose, the highest figure in the world
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had earlier ordered tens of thousands of the vaccines to be sent to nations in Africa, Europe, and Latin America as a diplomatic gesture
- On Friday, the country's attorney general announced a review into whether the Prime Minister has a legal authority to make such decisions
- The government then decided to suspend any action on vaccine shipments