India Vaccinates Nearly 200,000 People on First Day of COVID-19 Vaccination Drive
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- India started its nation-wide vaccination program for COVID-19 on Saturday, and inoculated a total of 190,000 health workers that day
- A total of 16,755 trained vaccinators where involved at 3,351 sessions nationwide
- Officals had planned to inoculate at least 300,000 people on the first day, but were constrained by a glitch in the app used to coordinate and monitor the process
- The country has approved two vaccines for emergency use; one from Oxford/AstraZeneca andthe other from Covaxin, which was developed by a local biotech company Bhart Biotech
- India has the second highest number of confirmed coronavirus cases globally, at over 10.5 million confirmed cases