Huge Decline in New York New Cases, Hospitalization and Death Rates
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The daily new coronavirus cases in New York has dropped below the counts recorded in the early days of the outbreak in the empire state, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Friday
- The state, which has already begun to reopen businesses and lift stay-at-home restrictions, reported 225 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday. At the peak of the outbreak, the state reported more than 3,100 new cases daily
- New hospitalization rates and death rates per day have also been on a steady decline
- The state now has more than 750 testing centers and is testing more people per capita than any other state in the country
- New York State has more than 356,000 confirmed cases with 16,149 deaths, more than any other state in the country