House Passes Biden's $1.9 Trillion Relief Bill
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The House on Saturday passed President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package
- The House voted 219 to 212 to approve the bill, which includes $1,400 direct payments, a $400 weekly federal unemployment bonus, and a per-child allowance of up to $3,600 for one year
- The bill also includes billions of dollars to distribute the COVID-19 vaccines across the country
- The bill, which was split on partisal lines - with every Republican voting against it, will now go to the Senate, and If enacted, would be the sixth round of federal aid amid the pandemic
- Democrat leaders want the bill to become law by March 14, when unemployment benefits are scheduled to expire