HIV is a Simple Disease Compared to COVID-19 - Fauci
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- In a long discussion with leaders in the biotech industry, Dr. Anthony Fauci descibed COVID-19 as his "worst nightmare", citing that it has crippled the whole world within four months
- Fauci said although he had known that an outbreak like this could occur, what suprised him was how rapid the infection spread to and killed many across the world
- Dr. Fauci, the director ofthe National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said an efficiently transmitted disease could typically spread worldwide within 6 months to a year, but COVID-19 did that in one month
- Comparing the disease to HIV, which he has spent much of his career researching, Fauci described HIV as "really simple"
- He noted that vaccines are currently being developed to stop or slow down the pandemic and is almost certain one of those vaccine candidates will work