Hispanic Children Eight Times More Likely to Be Hospitalized with COVID-19 - Study
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- A new study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has found that Hispanic and black children have a greater risk of been hospitalized for COVID-19 than white children
- While the study confirmed that hospitalization for COVID-19 was rare in children of all ethnicities as most pediatric cases are either mild or aymptomatic, it still reveals that Hispanic children are eight times more likely to be hospitalized for COVID-19 than white children
- According to the study also, black children were five times more likely to be hospitalized for COVID-19 than white children
- The report analyzed data from 14 states and it found that 42% of the children studied had one or more underlying medical conditions
- Obesity was found to be the most prevalent underlying medical condition, and is most common in blacks and Hispanics