Group of Public Health Experts Urge Wider Use of N95s
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- A group of public health experts, including former advisers to Joe Biden on COVID-19 during the presidential transition, has urged the administration to double down on stronger mask requirements to protect workers
- In a letter sent Thursday to the administration's top public health experts, the group said that the current guidelines by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on masks may be insufficient to rein in the outbreak
- The group called for all health workers and those most vulnerable to the infection to wear medical-grade N95 masks rather than surgical masks or cloth face clothings
- Since taking office a month ago, the Biden administration has ramped up federal involvement in controlling the pandemic, including making new mask recommendations
- The CDC currently recommends that N95 masks can be used only by health workers in direct contact with COVID-19 patients