Global Recessions will Deepen, Survey Shows
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- According to a recent Reuters polls, economists project that the outlook for global economic recovery is bleak
- The poll had over 250 economists participating and most respondents say global economy will continue to decline, contrary to an early recovery that was initially predicted
- World stocks fell to the lowest in weeks on Thursday, casting doubt on the predicted early recovery
- Prakash Sakpal, senor Asia economist at Dutch bank ING said the recent spikes in coronavirus cases in many countries suggests that the economic slump may continue
- According to findings from the polls, the global economy is projected to shrink by 3.7 percent this year and grow by 5.4 percent next year, compared to 3.2 percent and 5.4 percent stated in a previous poll