Gilead Says Remdesivir Reduces Risk of Death in Critically Ill COVID-19 Patients
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Gilead Sciences released new study data Friday showing that its antiviral drug remdesivir reduces the risk of death in critically ill COVID-19 patients by 62 percent
- The drug maker also found that the drug was associated with signficant clinical improvement in patients with the infection
- Gilead said it analyzed data from 312 patients enrolled in the phase 3 trial of the drug and compared it with 818 patients that had standard treatment alone
- The findings reveal that 7.6% of patients that received remdesivir died, compared with 12.5% of patients that did not receive remdesivir
- The findings also show that 74.4% of patients who received remdesivir treatment recovered by day 14, compared with 59% of patients who received only standard treatment