Germany Imposes Tougher Coronavirus Restrictions
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Germany has extended its nationwide lockdown until the end of the month and has introduced tougher restrictions as the coronavirus outbreak spins out of control
- The new rules will ban non-essential travel for residents of hard-hit areas in the country
- In towns and districts where the number of new coronavirus cases is above 200 per 100,000 residents over seven days, travel will be restricted to a 15-kilometre radius
- Officials also said according to the new rules, members of any one household will be allowed to meet only one other person in public
- Germany has over 1.787 million confirmed coronavirus cases and has been struggling to contain the second wave