General Motors, Ford Won't Mandate COVID-19 Vaccinations for Employees
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- General Motors and Ford have announced that they will not require their employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations to return to work or continue working
- United Auto Workers President Rory Gamble said Friday that he believes that none of the union's 400,000 members should be forced to receive COVID-19 vaccinations
- Gamble added that the union is working with several auto companies to make COVID-19 vaccines available to all employees
- Last month, Reuters reported that Ford ordered a dozen ultra-cold freezers to store the Pfizer vaccine after it was approved for emergency use
- Detroit automakers, including GMC, have also each said they are making preparations for distribution of COVID-19 vaccines to their employees
- Gamble said he plans to receive the vaccine on live TV to encourage members to get vaccinated too