GE Launches Blockchain-Enabled Wellness Trace App for Airport COVID-19 Control
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- General Electric Co. and the Albany International Airport have announced the launch of the first blockchain-based app to keep travelers safe amid the coronavirus pandemic
- The app, which will operate exclusively within airport facilities, will track cleaning in the public spaces as well as screen passengers and employees within the airport premises
- The app, called Wellness Trace App, will also help visitors rate nearby amenities including hotels, restaurants, and other attractions in terms of COVID-19 safety
- The app rates these sites from the most likely to the least likely to follow COVID-19 protocols
- Albany Airport is the first to use the app and will become the testbed before it is launched at other airports