Fully Vaccinated People can Skip Mandatory Quarantines After Being Exposed, CDC says
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in a new update says Americans who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may skip quarantines if they have contact with someone with the infection
- According to the update, an individual must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the waiver:
- The person has received both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a one-dose vaccine (Johnsons & Johnsons);
- The person has waited at least two weeks for full incubation, and;
- The person is within the three month window that the vaccines are proven to be effective
- However, COVID-19 vaccination still doesn't mean travelers may skip testing. The CDC guidance that requires a negative COVID-19 test result from all arrivals is still in place