Former Trump CDC Director Says COVID-19 Originated Inside a Lab in Wuhan
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Former Director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prrevention Dr. Robert Redfield said he believes the novel coronavirus originated from a lab in Wuhan, China
- Redfield made the statement in a news clip that aired Friday, adding that the virus must have started spreading as early as September 2019
- Redfield did not cite any evidence to back up the statements, but said he was just airing his opinions
- CNN's chief medical correspondent, Sunjay Gupta said in a piece posted to CNN's website that Redfield had a call with the director of China's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who had discovered and revealed many cases of the virus in people who had not been to the Wuhan wet market
- The World Health Organization has assembled a team of independent experts to investigate the origin of the virus, and is expected to release its findings by next week or early April