Florida Suspends All Remaining COVID-19 Restrictions
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order that suspends all remaining COVID-19 restrictions in the state
- DeSantis said this in a news conference Monday, noting that the state was no longer in a state of emergency, and no longer needed the restrictions
- DeSantis signed a bill Monday that codifies the order into law, with effect from July 1
- He said that the executive order will serve to bridge the gap until then. The order ends all pandemic-related restrictions in the state with effect immediately
- Florida has been the third worst-hit state in the U.S., with more than 2.2 million coronavirus cases reported since the beginning of the pandemic