Florida Reports 31,000 Cases, 220 Deaths in One Day
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Florida Department of Health announced Saturday that the state recorded more than 31,000 new coronavirus cases between Dec. 31, 2020 and January 1, 2021
- Officials also reported no fewer than 220 virus-related deaths during the same period
- Of the new confirmed cases, 6,900 were in Central Florida, with Orange County reporting the most local cases in the last 48 hours, with 2,054 cases
- Official reports notes that Florida has now recorded 1,354,833 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic
- Of the new death counts, 32 were in Central Florida, with Marion County reporting the highest new death count in the last 48 hours