Florida Governor Signs Executive Order Banning Vaccine Passports
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order Friday banning the use of vaccine passports in the state
- The executive order, therefore, prohibits any Florida government entity from issuing a vaccine passport to prove that one has been vaccinated against COVID-19
- According to the governor's order, vaccines are not mandated in the state and whether or not someone wants to receive the shot should be a private decision, not a forced one
- “The flip side of that though with these vaccine passports is it’s completely unacceptable for either the government or the private sector to impose upon you the requirement that you show proof of vaccine to just simply be able to participate in normal society.” Desantis said Friday
- The executive order is temporary, and the governor is working with the Florida legislature to make it law