Florida Governor Signs COVID-19 Liability Protection Bill
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has signed a bill that protects individuals, businesses, governmments, and healthcare providers from COVID-19 lawsuits if they abide by coronavirus guidelines
- DeSantis signed the bill during a press conference in Tallahassee on Monday
- According to Republican Rep. Colleen Burton, the bill provides limited liability protection to those entities that try to comply with public health guidelines
- The bill, which passed on an 83-31 vote, takes effect on Monday
- The law will also cover those cases that occured from the begining of the pandemic