Five US Agencies Tell Employees to Prepare for COVID-19 Shots in 8 Weeks
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Five federal agencies have started telling their employees to prepare to receive Pfizer or Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine in eight weeks
- According to the Centers for Disease Control's vaccination program, essential federal workers would be among the first set of Americans to get inoculated
- The program lists essential workers, the elderly, and other highly vulnerable groups as among those to receive the vaccine in the first phase of its vaccine distribution plan
- When the vaccines would be available for distribution, however, depends on how fast the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) can clear both companies' vaccines for emergency use
- The CDC says the Bureau of Prisons, Department of Defense, Department of State, Indian Health Service, and Veterans Health Administration would receive the vaccines directly from the federal government