Fewer Black Americans Getting Vaccinated Compared to White Americans
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Black Americans are getting vaccinated at lower rates than White Americans as the vaccine rollouts continues across the country, according to a report by Kaiser Health News Analysis
- Only about 3 percent of Americans have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine so far
- But findings show that in at least 16 states, white residents are being vaccinated more than Black residents - up to two to three times more
- As of Jan. 14 in Pennsylvania, 1.2 percent of white Americans had been vaccinated, compared with 0.3 percent of Blacks
- Access problems and vaccine sketpicism rooted in structural racism appear to be the major reasons for this underepresentation
- Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans are dying from COVID-19 up to three times the rate of white Americans, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report