FDA Staff Endorses Moderna's COVID-19 Vaccine for Emergency Use
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The staff of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Tuesday endorsed Moderna's coronavirus vaccine
- The sfatt report, which is supposed to brief the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, stated that Moderna has provided adequate information to proove the vaccine's quality and safety
- Moderna submited an appliction to the FDA last week to approve the vaccine for people aged 18 and over
- Further, the FDA said it recommends tracking those who receive the vaccine for signs of Bell's palsy, which was found in four cases during the vaccine trial
- However, officials at the agency said the available information does not determine a causal relationship with the vaccine