FDA Approves Pfizer Vaccine for Emergency Use in US
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for emergency use
- The vaccine, which offers up to 95 percent protection against the virus, was found safe and effective by the FDA
- President Donald Trump said the first vaccinations will commence within 24 hours
- Officials say the first doses will be administered to the elderly, health workers, and other frontline workers
- The Pfizer vaccine has already been approved in the UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain