FBI and US Attorney Investigate Cuomo's Handling of Nursing Home Cases
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The FBI and federal prosecutors in Brooklyn have begun a preliminary investigation into how New York Governor Cuomo's administration handled COVID-19 cases in nursing home
- Cuomo's senior adviser made this known, stating that the Justice Department had been looking into the matter for months
- The investigation was first reported by the Albany Times Union, in which state Attorney General Letitia James released a damning report that said that the state Health Department underreported the COVID-19 death toll at nursing homes by up to 50 percent
- Reports reveal that 15,000 nursing home residents had died from COVID-19 in the state , up from 8,500 previously announced
- Last week, Melissa DeRosa, Cuomo's top aide, said that the state held off on releasing the actual death count in August for fears that President Donald Trump would use the information against Cuomo
- Spokesperson for the US attorney in Brooklyn and the FBI failed to comment Wednesday