Europe to See Rise in COVID-19 Deaths in Coming Months - WHO
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that Europe may see a rise in daily COVID-19 deaths in October and November
- The WHO Europe director Hans Kluge said this Monday, stating that the coronavirus resurgence in the region is expected to lead to a rise in daily deaths
- The WHO Europe's 55 member states are holding an online meeting Monday and Tuesday to discuss strategies to rein in the outbreak in the region
- Kluge further warned that a vaccine would not bring an end to the pandemic, as there have been signals that the vaccine would not help different population groups equally
- The number of cases in Europe have risen significantly in the last weeks, especially in Spain and France