EU Warns of Insufficient COVID-19 Vaccines For All Europe Until 2022
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The EU Commision said in an internal meeting that the vaccines the bloc is securing for the region may be insufficient to inoculate the whole EU population
- The 27-nation bloc, with a population of over 450 million, has paid for 1 billion doses of coronavirus vaccine candidates from three drugmakers
- The union is negotiating the advance payment of 1 billion more doses from other drug companies
- There is still no approved COVID-19 vaccine, but the first shots could be ready by the beginning of next year, a commission official said
- The EU has so far secured doses of COVID-19 vaccine candidates developed by Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca