Egypt Received 1.4 Million Tourists in Second Half of 2020
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Egypt welcomed at least 1.4 million tourists as of December 2020 since tourism activities resumed in the country in July
- This brings the total number of tourists who visited the country in 2020 to 3.7 million
- Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled Al-Anani made this known during a meeting with the country's Prime Minsiter, Mostafa Madbouly, to review the country's strategy against the coronavirus pandemic
- He added that 756 hotels and 1,029 tourist restaurants have received health and safety certificates since the start of the pandemic
- The country has boosted tourism by offering discounted prices to tourists and cutting the price of fuel for the aviation industry
- Tourism revenues in Egypt have fallen by nearly 70 percent since the pandemic began, from $13.03 billion in 2019 to $4 billion in 2020