Easing Mask Mandates Linked with More COVID-19 Cases and Deaths - CDC Study
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- A new CDC study has suggested that easing mask mandates and reopening restaurants have led to a rise in COVID-19 cases and deaths
- According to the study, which examined data from several counties between last March and December, mask mandates implemented by counties slowed down the spread of the virus starting about 20 days after their implementation
- The study found that mask requirements were associated with a more than 1 percent point decrease in COVID-19 daily growth rate and deaths 20 days after implementation
- The report comes days after some states, including Mississippi, Texas, and Alabama are liftng mask mandates
- CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said at a White House press briefing that mask mndates and other preventive measures are crucial to putting an end to the pandemic