Early Data Shows Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is 94.5% Effective
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Pharm giant Moderna has released findings of its coronavirus vaccine trial, which showed that the vaccine was 94.5% effective at preventing the coronavirus infection
- Moderna is the second drugmaker to report preliminary results of its coronavirus vaccine test after Pfizer announced its reports last week
- Both companies now plan to apply to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency authorization to begin vaccinating the public
- Both companies say they could produce vaccine doses for over 20 million people in the US by December this year, with the first doses going to those at the highest risk of the infection including healthcare workers
- But regulatory approval of a coronavirus vaccine will still take several months as the coronavirus infection resurges in many parts of the world