Drug Could Eliminate All COVID-19 Viruses From Lungs in Days
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Researchers at Israel's Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York say there may be a drug that could render the coronavirus impotent within days
- The team of researchers say the FDA-approved medicine Fenofibrate could reduce the ability of the virus to reproduce, causing them to die out within days
- The researchers noted that the virus alters the body's metabolism and uses fat in the lungs to replicate and survive. Fenobibrate causes the cells to burn fats, thereby depleting the resources needed for the virus to survive
- The result was that after treatment with Fenobibrate, the virus almost disappeared within five days
- The experiment was done in laboratories in Israel and New York and has shown promise in the treatment of COVID-19