Czech Republic Tightens COVID-19 Lockdown
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Czech Republic, which is battling the world's worst COVID-19 surge, has tightened its coronavirus restrictions to curb fiurther spread of the virus
- The country deployed more police officers and soldiers on Monday to enforce new lockdown measures
- The country of over 10.7 million people has recorded the highest infection rate per capita in the world, with over 1.24 million confirmed cases and 20,339 deaths
- Prime Minister Andrej Babis said the country's health system faces an imminent collapse if the restrictions are not implemented
- The country has announced a three-week order limiting free movement, except for work-related travel