COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Commences in Gaza
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Gaza strip launched a vaccination campaign against the coronavirus pandemic, in which the elderly and healthcare workers will be inoculated first
- Assistant deputy minister Medhat Muhaisen said Gaza has received only 22,000 doses of Russia's Sputnik-V COVID-19 vaccine from the UAE
- Health authorities say the vaccine will be used on patients who have had organ transplant and those with kidney failure
- This comes as rights groups and the UN have called on Israel to ensure that Palestinians in Gaza are vaccinated
- The Gaza strip has so far recorded more than 54,000 coronavirus cases, with 543 deaths