COVID-19 Vaccine Deliveries to Begin Next Week, Trump Says
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- US President Donald Trump said Thursday that doses of a cororonavirus vaccine will be delivered and distributed from next week and the week after
- Speaking to US troops via video link to mark the Thanksgiving holiday, Trump said the vaccine would first be delivered to front-line workers, healthcare workers, and senior citizens
- This comes as drugmakers Pfizer and AstraZeneca released promising findings from trials of their vaccine candidates
- Trump's comments come ahead of a Dec. 10 meeting, where the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will review Pfizer's request for an emergency use authorization of its vaccine
- The United States currently has more than 13 million cases of coronavirus, with a death toll of over 266,000