COVID-19: New York City to Vaccinate 1 Million Residents in January
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city plans to vaccinate 1 million residents within the month
- De Blasio said the city will use schools, pop-up clinics, and other facilities to reach 1 million people within the month
- The city has just 390,425 vaccine doses and has administered only about 78,000 shots so far
- De Blasio decried the speed of the vaccination programs, stating that NYC is going to jump-start the process and vaccinate people at a record pace
- The US government has inoculated only 2.8 million people with the first of the two-shot vaccine regimen, far short of its initial goal of inoculating at least 20 million people before the end of 2020