Coronavirus Vaccine Trial Participants Report Minimal Side Effects
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Participants in the ongoing Moderna and Pfizer coronavirus vaccine trials have reported experiencing high fever, chills, headache, and fatigue after receiving shots of the vaccines
- Three participants in the Moderna trial and two in Pfizer's late-stage trial reported these symptoms but said the discomfort was worth it
- The participants said that while the symptoms may get intense occasionally, they resolved spontaneously within a day
- Both vaccine candidates are in their phase three trial stages, where researchers determine if the vaccine can prevent the coronavirus infection
- Thousands of participants have been enrolled in both trials, and officials say the results may be available before year's end