College COVID-19 Cases Soar Across the US
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- More than 250,000 cases of coronavirus infection have been reported at colleges and universities across the United States, according to a New York Times survey
- Much of the cases are reported to have occurred since the students returned for the fall semester, with nearly 40,000 new cases reported in the last two weeks alone
- The survey involved 1,700 American colleges and universities, including every four-year public institution and every private college that competes in NCAA sports
- More than a third of US universities reopened this fall, with some of them doubling down on coronavirus preventive measures including use of mask and social distancing
- The coronavirus has caused more than 80 deaths on college campuses across the country since the pandemic began