CDC Warns of a Possible 4th COVID-19 Surge
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has warned that a fourth wave of the coronavirus outbreak in the US may emerge
- The statement comes days after the Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency use authorization for the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine, making it the third vaccine approved in the fight against the pandemic
- CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said the spike in the 7-day average of cases means there could be a surge if nothing is done
- The country has been reporting an average of 67,200 cases and 2,000 deaths every day
- The latest CDC tracking on the new variants show that 2,400 B117 cases have been confirmed in 46 states, 53 B1351 cases in 16 states, and 10 P1 cases in 5 states