CDC Updates Definition of "Close Contact" for COVID-19
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated its definition of "close contact" in the context of COVID-19
- The CDC now defines it as being within 6 feet of an infected individual for 15 minutes or longer cumulatively over a 24 hour period
- It was previously defined as exposure within 6 feet of an infected individual for at least 15 minutes
- This update follows findings from a study released by the CDC on Thursday, in which an employee at a correctional facility in Vermont tested positive for COVID-19 in August after multiple brief exposures to six infected persons at the facility
- Detailed review found that the officer's cumulative exposure was more than 15 minutes