CDC New Guidance Says Vaccinated People Should Avoid Travel, Airline Industry Pushes Back
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The airline industry is pushing back against new guidance by the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that fully vaccinated people should avoid travel
- Industry group Airlines for America in a statement insists that being on board a plane - where the air is heavily filtered and everyone wears a mask - poses a low risk of transmission
- The CDC said that those who are vaccinated can make contact with others who have been vaccinated and low-risk people who are not vaccinated but should still avoid travel
- CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky explained that increase in travel always caused a spike in cases
- According to the CDC, only 9.2 percent of the US population have been fully vaccinated