CDC Director Walensky Condemns Tennessee's Decision to Cease Vaccine Outreach to Teens
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- CDC Director Rochelle Walenksy has condemned Tennessee's decision to cease vaccine outreach to teenagers
- Tennessee is among the states with lower vaccination rates, with less than 40% of its population fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to CDC data
- The state's department of health decided to cease adolescent vaccine outreach for all vaccines, not just for COVID-19
- “I find this incredibly disturbing. Not only is it disturbing for Covid, but it is disturbing for all vaccine-preventable illnesses,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in an interview Thursday
- This comes as COVID-19 cases in the state has been on a rise recently, with an average of 177 to 418 daily new cases in the last two weeks