Cancer and Coronavirus are a Dangerous Combination - New Studies
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- New research has expounded the danger of the coronavirus infection in cancer patients. Two studies found that cancer patients who contract the infection are more likely to die within a month than COVID-19 patients without cancer
- Both studies are the largest reports on people with cancer and COVID-19 in the US, the UK, Canada, and Spain
- In one study investigating 928 patients with cancer and COVID-19, 13 percent died, rate higher than mortality rates in the general population
- A second study found a higher death rate among 800 patients with different types of cancer and COVID-19. At least 28 percent of these cancer patients died after contracting the infection
- Study authors say these findings support calls to provide extra preventive measures for cancer patients