Boris Johnson Launches Mass COVID-19 Testing Program
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Monday that everyone in England will be able to get tested for COVID-19 in a new massive testing program
- Johnson said the new testing program would break the chain of transmissions and detect asymptomatic cases
- In the new program, residents will be able to take a COVID-19 test twice a week. The tests would be sent to homes or workplaces or picked up from pharmacies or test centers
- This is the part of the country's staggered plan to lift restrictions in the coming months, as much of Europe enters new lockdowns to tackle the surge
- Johnson is expected to confirm that all retail, outdoor hospitality, and hairdressers can reopen on April 12 in England