Boris Johnson Improving, Still in Intensive Care Unit
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, stated in a press conference Wednesday that the prime minister is improving and is sitting up in his hospital bed
- Sunak said the PM was engaging positively with his medical team, who he described are providing excellent care
- Sunak stated confidently that the government is still very functional and working at pace, even as Johnson has stopped working while in the intensive care unit
- Johnson was admitted at St. Thomas' Hospital Sunday night and has been cared for by a clinical team led by Respiratory Physician Dr. Richard Leach
- So far, there has been a total of 55,242 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK with 6,125 deaths.