Black Restaurant Workers Received Less Tips Amid the Pandemic
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- During the pandemic, tips given to Black restaurant workers declined more than tips to workers from other racial groups, a new report by labor advocacy group One Fair Wage finds
- The report revealed that nearly 90 percent of Black workers said their tips declined by at least 50 percent
- The report also found that Black employees have been treated with more hostility by customers than others on average during the pandemic
- The report was based on a survey conducted in five states and Washington DC, involving 4,100 workers
- The survey was conducted over the phone and vial email between October and January