Biden Says US on Track to Have Enough Vaccines for 300 Million Americans By End of July
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- President Joe Biden said Thursday that the US is on track to have enough COVID-19 vaccines for 300 million Americans by the end of July
- Speaking at the National Institutes of Health, Biden said the US signed contracts for 100 million extra doses of the Moderna vaccine and 100 million extra doses of the Pfizer vaccine
- More than 26 million shots have been delivered in Biden's first three weeks, with a pace to exceed Biden's goal of administering 100 million vaccine doses in the first 100 days in office
- Biden also announced Thursday that the US had secured contracts with Moderna and Pfizer to deliver 600 million doses of the vaccine by the end of July
- The pace of vaccinations could increase further if a third coronavirus vaccine from Johnson & Johnson is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)