Biden Says 90 Percent of US Adults Will Be Eligible for COVID-19 Shots By April 19
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- President Joe Biden Monday said that 90% of US adults will be eligible for COVID-19 shots by April 19
- He made the announcement in a press conference, adding that people will be able to get the vaccines within five miles of their home
- As part of plans to expand the vaccine rollout, roughly 40,000 pharmacies will distribute the vaccine, up from the current 17,000
- A few weeks ago, Biden called on states, tribes, and territories to make all US adults eligible to receive the vaccine, no later than May 1
- According to the White House, 31 states have agreed to expand eligibility to all adults by April 19