Biden Declares all Adults Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccinations By May 1
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- President Joe Biden announced Thursday that he will direct states to make all adults eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine shot no later than May 1
- In his address marking one year of the pandemic's global shutdowns, Biden said vaccinating almost everyone by May will mean family and friends can get together for the independence day celebreations
- Biden celebrated his initial plan of administering 100 million vaccine shots in his first 100 days in office, a feat he'd achieved in his first 60 days
- In addition to expanding eligibility for the vaccine, Biden said he will double the number of pharmacies in the federal pharmacy program and will double the number of federal vaccination centers around the country
- This comes after the president signed into law a &1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package to deliver $1,400 stimulus checks to millions of Americans