Biden Criticizes Slow COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- US President-elect Joe Biden has criticized the slow rollout of the coronavirus vaccines in the country
- This comes as the country anticipates a post-holiday sirge in cases, alongside fears that the new coronavirus variant may drive subsequent surges
- Biden, who takes office in less than four weeks, made this known in a speech in Wilmington, Del. stating that efforts to distribute and administer the vaccine are not moving as fast as they should
- The US approved the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines last month, and has distributed more than 2.1 million of the 11.4 million vaccine doses under the Operation Warp Speed Initiative
- Biden said if the vaccination program continues at its current pace, it will take years to vaccinate all American citizens