Biden Calls on States to Keep Mask Mandates
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- President Biden on Monday urged states to reconsider lifitng coronavirus restrictions and to reinstate mask madates as the US faces a spike in cases
- When he took office in January, Biden issued a call for Americans to mask up for the first 100 days of his administration, arguing that it was pivoital to reining in the pandemic
- States began to lift their mask mandates earlier this month, citing a downturn in infection rates and hospitalizations
- Biden ciriticized Texas and Mississippi, which were among the first few states to lift the mandate, describing the action as "Neanderthal thinking"
- The United States has recorded more than 30 million cases of COVID-19, and cases continue to spike